Thursday, July 12, 2007

Two degrees of separation

I was chatting with my chiropractor this morning as she was causing me great heaps of pain (trading off short term pain to avoid long term pain) and we discovered the multitude of ways that we could have known each other: her university roommate married a guy who was in my high school show the year that I did the show, her one of her best friends from her high school years was a friend of mine from high school, her good friend married the good friend of Kern (with whom I have sung and lived), and finally the way we actually hooked up, my good friend from university (and former boss) knows her from a camping group that he hikes with, and actually uses her as his chiropractor too.

That was far too long a sentence! I probably should have split it up. I just couldn't be bothered with the formatting. I'll make up for that long sentence with a bunch of short ones. Great idea!

-kdh

3 comments:

Karen Lew said...

You could at least have used semi-colons between paths of separation.

Kevin said...

Yeah, that probably would have been best.

I did consider going back and changing it and then claiming it had been like that all along. Revisionist history is the best history.

Kern said...

I was just thinking about her recently, as it happens. I've never visited a chiropractor but I was thinking that I'd like to.

You should be careful about about writing on your blog about "hooking up" with your chiropractor; Susanna might be reading! :)