Monday, July 7, 2008

44th!!!

Well, we've returned from Nashville where my quartet finished 44th. We were pretty happy with out performance although we were singing in a pretty tough spot, first out of the gate in between previous champs "Realtime" and this year's eventual winner "O.C. Times". As for the scores (76.9%), I think we had hoped they would be a little bit higher, but we're not really worried about them all that much.

I always find internationals has a strange ambivalent effect on me. On one hand, watching great quartets is inspiring and motivates me to get better at this hobby. On the other hand, I watch the top 10 (or even top 20) quartets and think that I'll never be that good, no matter how hard I work. Oh well, such is life, I guess.

2 comments:

Karen Lew said...

Congratulations, Kevin. Sorry I missed the broadcast but I presume you'll have/get video. I figured you'd be pretty satisfied with over 76% and a 44th finish. very exciting.

Kern said...

Congrats guys!

Also missed the broadcast, and also hoping to see video at a later date.

Um... I just totally poached Karen's comment.