Thursday, August 2, 2007

Project: vacation

It's all arranged (well almost all.. still some hotels and side trips to sort out), we are going to Europe with Susanna's family, a large part of which will be a Baltic Sea cruise. The plan is to spend 3 days in Paris (we can see all of Paris and get a strong appreciation for parisian culture in 3 days, right?) and take the chunnel on the way to Dover where we'll board the ship and head off to ports on the Baltic Sea.

The plan right now is to meet up with my sister and Thomas in our one stop in the north of Germany, and to spend the day with them. Our other stops are: Talinn, Estonia; St. Petersburg, Russia; Helsinki, Finland; Stockholm, Sweden and Copenhagen, Denmark. If you have any suggestions of not-to-be-missed experiences in any of those places, let me know!

After the cruise is done, Susanna and I have to hurry back to our jobs, but Susanna's parents, brother and sister-in-law will be spending another week touring around... possibly England, possibly France... it has yet to be decided.

I'm getting excited.

-Kevin

2 comments:

Karen Lew said...

Sounds fun! kinda envious. Saint Petersburg has been on my "to see" list for a while. But with your and Dion's trip to the UK then Anaheim and Dion's loathing of fun, I mean taking time away from WoW, I mean taking time off work, I mean travel, I figure it'll be my next mat leave before I would be able to do a trip of any size and even then it'll probably be by myself. No I'm not crusty, I mean...

Anonymous said...

Tell me when you are coming to Copenhagen, and I will come and meet you!! :)