Friday, March 16, 2007

There'll be a change in the weather...

Brace yourselves, change is a-happenin'!

In what could become a long line of scrounging every ounce of content out of adding links to other sites, you will notice that there is another link, and this is the announcement about it. Today's addition is another of the sites to which I have already linked in a post, where I suggested that this site was an homage to sites such as this new one: Gina's site (don't worry Karen, your site will make it up here soon, I just needed to pay respects to my "sister" sites... you know other sites about people who are in new places (do you think I've hit that "new places" thing enough yet? (can you really nest parentheses like this?))).

Gina is many things to many people. Some of my readers may know her as a purveyor of fine used vehicles, while others may know her as a Danish hostel owner (not be be confused with a hostile danish owner?).

For me, if I remember correctly, Gina was the one who taught me to play squash back in "the day". Unfortunately for her, I think she might have recieved some collateral damage from my ugly displays of self-loathing whenever I didn't meet my expectations (which was usually when I lost... which against Gina was most, if not all of the time), for which I don't think I ever apologized. Sorry Gina (some poor excuse for an apology... it's not even as personal as an email... hidden away in the bowels of one paragraph in a long post, and she may never even read this).

On the bright side... I haven't broken my squash raquet in many years now... so either I'm a little more forgiving to myself, or I'm playing people who aren't as good at squash as Gina is. Probably a little bit of both.

-KDH

2 comments:

Rob said...

parentheses are a natural for computer programmers, nested parentheses even moreso

Unknown said...

I spend of a lot of time rooting through blog bowels, so, your apology was heard. It was heard with some surprise that you felt an apology was needed. It made me smile though; and it was nice to hear, despite the lack of collateral damage of which you speak. So, I cannot really accept your apology, but instead, I will thank you, for making such a nice apology. :)

Four eyes!!! (That's for vigeek, to whom I will apologize in a few years)